Dr Jamie LeePsychologist, Doctor of Psychology (Clinical), Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Dr Jamie Lee obtained a Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) and Bachelor of Psychology (Honours Class I) from James Cook University. She is a registered clinical psychologist with the Singapore Psychological Society and the Singapore Register of Psychologists.
Dr Jamie conducts psychological assessments and psychotherapy and is adept in the use of cognitive behavioural, acceptance and mindfulness-based, schema-focused and solution-focused therapies. She also draws on psychodynamic and family systems theories. Jamie has trained and worked at hospitals and voluntary welfare organisations to address post-traumatic stress, health-related difficulties (e.g. chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome), affective disorders and eating disorders.
Jamie espouses a person-centred approach to therapy and believes that compassion, a non-judgemental stance, and a strong therapeutic alliance are fundamental in therapy. She has a special interest in child and adolescent psychology as well as the psychological treatment of mood and anxiety disorders in both adults and children.
Her interests and experience lie in:
• Working with children and adolescents with learning, emotional and behavioural
• Supporting individuals in their difficulties with stress, depression, grief, anxiety and
• Supporting individuals in the management of pain and illness.
• Supporting caregivers of people with special needs, mental and physical health
• Conducting talks and workshops in the management of mental health difficulties and
Jamie’s research experience is in dementia screening and neurocognitive disorders. She conducts therapy in both English and Mandarin.
For more information, kindly refer to here.
More Doctors :